Juan Barry Manual Canham
A Cloud Engineer & Developer, with experience at a variety of companies, across a range of technologies driving both technological change as well as business focused outcomes. Capable of wearing whatever hat is needed for a given job.
- AWS: Cloudformation IAM Lambda DynamoDB Core AWS services Additional AWS services
- DevOps tools and methodologies: IaC Immutability Configuration Management TDD - Infrastructure TDD - Application Build systems Containers Init systems Agile
- Google: GCP Google deployment manager Google App Engine Google Apps
- Salesforce: Apex Configuration
Open Source Developer, Self (2019-07 — Present)
Spending a few months developing tools to make engineering in the clouds easier. And other assorted tools
- Built a mobile app to showcase user sourced data, using Flutter and Dart
- Contributed to existing open source projects such as Gpodder and Gpodder.net
- Built a tool to view twitter exports
- Built a website to highlight the problems with FPTP
- Built a tool to monitor activity on toxic internet communities
Volunteer & Volunteer Coordinator, (2022-01 — Present)
Volunteering at various organizations, including coordinating volunteers and donated resources.
Senior Cloud Engineer, DPR consulting (2020-04 — 2021-10)
Full stack developer (including support & infrastructure engineering) for multiple customer facing serverless applications.
- Picked up Typescript and React and to deliver front-end improvements
- Improved build pipelines, to deliver CI while pushed quality left, by enforcing linting and coverage testing
- (Collectively) improved our processes significantly to much better reflect agile best practices
- Built and migrated to a multi-account structure with an access account deployed entirely as configuration
Cloud Systems Developer Lead, Cloudreach (2014-03 — 2019-07)
Worked on customer projects as a Lead/Architect and mentored a small team.
- Architect on several Enterprise engagement, at companies such as NBIM, BP, News UK, etc.
- Delivered both the architecture and implementation on multiple Cloud Access models
- Managed a team for 4 engineers, helping them get the most out of working for Cloudreach
- Helped run a city government hackathon (TFL)
Role Owner (Cloud Systems Developers), Cloudreach (2016-06 — 2019-07)
Worked with the leadership team to improve the System Developers role.
- Helped Engineers get improve their technical skills though a hands-on training workshop program
- Trained and mentored multiple sets of graduates
Internal hackathons/skunkworks Developer, Cloudreach (2012-02 — 2019-07)
- Built Automated tanks that used image recognition to move and fire at each other.
- Built various useful internal tools, that remained in use for years
- Built a variety of IaC tools, that made deployments easier
- Won a trip to Central America
- Had project open sourced externally, by somebody that found it useful
Cloud Systems Developer, Cloudreach (2012-02 — 2014-03)
Worked on technical projects on AWS, Google Apps & Salesforce both individually and as part of a team.
- Worked across 3 cloud platforms (Google, AWS, Salesforce)
- Delivered difficult Google 2 Google migrations on tight deadlines
Support Engineer, Supporttree (2010-01 — 2012-02)
Full support for small businesses including end user systems, on-premise servers and cloud services.
- Worked in a user facing role, for a variety of small businesses
- Made use of automation and unix, in an otherwise manual windows environment
UCL (2006-09 — 2009-07)
King's School Grantham (2004-09 — 2006-07)
OPEN SOURCE & LINUX
PUNK ROCK, POLITICS & THE PUB